GDPR for Schools
GDPR for Schools is an online resource that enables schools to achieve and maintain compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. It includes online self-assessment, online training and other tools to enable your compliance project.
It has been developed by a group of privacy experts using knowledge gained while delivering GDRP compliance projects.
What’s in the Schools GDPR pack?
- A plan indicating the most efficient way to become compliant by using the templates we provide (6 pages).
- A presentation to introduce the GDPR and its requirements to other administrative staff (8 slides)
- A template record of processing (sometimes referred to as a data inventory) that captures personal data processed in an example school and the legal basis for this processing (215 rows in a spreadsheet).
- A template consent capture form (1 page).
- A template data protection policy for a school which meets the requirements of the GDPR (16 pages)
- A privacy notice to meet the new obligations around transparency of processing within the GDPR (7 pages).
- A second privacy notice for children which has been developed in a workshop with children to ensure that they can fully understand it (3 pages).
- A document that outlines how you can deliver on the rights of individuals, e.g. subject access requests, right to be forgotten etc (33 pages)
- A policy on how to respond to a data breach that will support decision making around the need to notify the ICO or impacted individuals (6 pages)
- A spreadsheet that can be used to record necessary GDPR events and be used to demonstrate accountability in the event of a query from the ICO (spreadsheet with 6 tabs)
- Guidance on how data protection by design and default (6 pages)
- Data protection impact assessment template (8 pages)
- Data Processing Agreement to govern data transfers (10 pages)
- Training material to deliver to all staff on GDPR and what they need to be aware of (13 slides)
In the event that the ICO provides any guidance which impacts on our pack, we will update our templates and send the updated versions to those schools that have purchased the pack .